I require an app developer for a small ANDROID job right now that will likely turn into MUCH more future work. I want to work with someone who will be available for me to work with on an ONGOING basis.
I recently hired a Freelancer developer to create an android app for the weight loss industry that I wish to release commercially. Basically, the app does a series of math calculations based upon long term weight loss goals, and displays a new lower target weight on a daily basis. It is based upon a diet plan I personally created. To date I have lost over 50 pounds using this method.
The original app developer (who left me a 5.0 stars good feedback comment) recently got a good full time job, and therefore will no longer be working with me as he does not have extra time. You might have to communicate with the original Freelancer developer (he is willing to communicate with you), should the situation require, but you will be SOLELY responsible for performing the work.
The original app developer has given me a fully functional “relatively finished” product and I am satisfied with the job they did. We spent a lot of time debugging it. The app has about 5000 lines of code I am told, and the fee they were paid for this was just under $1000. So far it has the option to function in English, Spanish, and German.
I need a developer who is going to get me to the finish line. Not just take the money for this one job this one time. I have NO EXPERIENCE in developing, marketing or selling apps. I want someone I can continue to work with on future components of this job, who will take me from where I am now, to a fully finished commercially successful app product.
Here is the SPECIFIC work that needs to be done RIGHT NOW, so I want you to give me a job price quote for this specific work for points 1 through 5 below:
1. The app currently allows you to select your language option when you start the app for the first time. However, when you accidentally press the BACK button, it asks you to choose your language option again. I am told this is not a bug, but I do not like this. I want you to fix it, so that no matter what button is pressed, it is impossible for the app to ever ask a second time to choose your language.
2. You will add a SUBSCRIPTION component to the app that will allow a user to SUBSCRIBE to the app for a monthly fee in the Google Play store. No work has been done on this feature yet by the original app developer. There will be a certain number of days the app can be used for free, after which the user must subscribe in order to keep using the app.
3. You will make a change so that when the app installs, an icon is automatically placed on the main screen of the phone. Right now it only puts the icon under the list of apps.
4. After #1 and #2 and #3 above have been done and tested by myself, you will then remove the “test mode” feature from the app that allows the calendar date to be manually moved forward quickly in order to simulate the passage of time. Note that I must still have to access to the old version with the “test mode” feature, so that I can video record a demonstration of how to operate the app, as I will need to be able to simulate the passage of time when I video record that user demonstration.
5. You will upload the app to the Google Play store so that beta testing can begin. Initially, I myself will be the ONLY person beta testing the app in the Play store. I intend to subscribe to the app in the Play store, and test it on a daily basis, to make sure it is functioning correctly.
THIS INFORMATION ABOVE IS THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION ON WHICH YOU ARE TO BASE YOUR JOB QUOTE.
To give you a better idea of future services I require, I am ATTACHING a file that describes future work I need from an app developer. DO NOT CONSIDER ANYTHING IN THE ATTACHMENT IN YOUR CURRENT JOB QUOTE.