Using the existing mobile application code (Adobe Flex), the following items will be included.
1. Refactoring: Refactor the application:
a. All code should comply with Adobe recommended naming conventions & styles, especially views, variables, and method names.
b. Restructure code away from views and into main application or controllers (MVC)
c. Remove unused code & objects.
d. Other tasks as recommended by developer & approved by Nucleo company
2. Offline functionality: Enhance the application to store visitor data in local storage until an
Internet connection can be made to the email or storage server. When the connection is restored, all local visitor data will be submitted to the email or storage server.
a. The submit confirmation message will change to indicate the visitor data has been received and will be submitted when the connection returns.
b. In Settings, a user may view visitor data that is waiting to be sent.
3. Update button skins to more reusable ‘Universal’ skin.
4. Application font: Update the application to Arial font for all text.
5. Data submit: Update application to display "processing" notification instead of having the current
'dead' period when submitting data. – May already be in progress or completed.
6. Form layout: Update the application to be more responsive/flexible to enable running on
smaller devices – telephones (iPhone, Android).
a. Settings menu: Update menu to fit smaller device; display only menu with navigation to each settings view (instead of using current Split View).
Technology & architecture standards are listed below. Other tools, technologies, or components not listed must be identified and approved before being used in the application. Any software or tool licenses must be identified & approved for use or purchase.
Mobile Tools & Standards:
- Adobe Flex, Actionscript, AIR
- MVC architecture
- SQLite and/or Xml storage
- CSS, HTML