PowerShell Script to Edit on-prem AD and Azure AD users in Bulk
Maksettu toimituksen yhteydessä
This is an addendum project to https://www.freelancer.com/projects/microsoft-exchange/PowerShell-Script-Edit-Azure-users for Hoang.
From the final version of the last script, I would like to port so that it is compatible with on-premise AD. This means that we will need to add the local module for AD and core AD data will need update on local AD, and other data will still need to be sent to AzureAD / ExchangeOnline / Etc.
See attached image for field mappings. There are some variations as well as duplication in on-prem AD. I am not sure if updating one attribute in AD updates the other? We may need to export the data to see the result. From the image, in the 4th column if the cell is blank, then we will need to get/update data from AzureAD.
ORIGINAL PROJECT POST
I am looking for a skilled PowerShell developer to create a script that can efficiently edit user information in AzureAD.
Tasks to be performed by the script:
- The script should be able to retrieve user data from AzureAD and make necessary edits to user information.
- Data should be downloaded into a date/time stamped CSV file for editing,
- The script should have the ability to update user attributes such as name, email address, job title, etc. (see attachment)
- Can be a single script or (2) scripts: 1 for downloading and 1 for upload/editing
- Please see the attached image of all fields that need to be downloaded as well as uploaded (edited).
- I should be able to download the data to a CSV file, make changes in Microsoft Excel then upload from that same CSV file.
- The script should be compatible with Powershell and AzureAD.
- The script will be run from a Windows computer.
- You must know and understand how to write in Powershell. I cannot give you access to my AzureAD tenant. I can test the script(s) and provide feedback if needed.
Number of users to be edited:
- The script should be capable of handling user editing for a range of 100-5000 users.
Ideal skills and experience for the job:
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting.
- Strong understanding of AzureAD and its APIs.
- Experience with bulk editing of user information.
- Ability to handle errors and exceptions gracefully.
- Attention to detail and ability to ensure accuracy in user data editing.
If you have the required skills and experience, please submit your proposal with relevant examples of previous work.
I have a few powershell scripts already that do separate parts. However none work in the fashion described in this project. I can share these to assist in what you will need to create.
Projektin tunnus: #37479832