We are seeking skilled outdoors craftsman, who have experience building wood patio covers and decks. Our company has been in business for more than 6 years with multiple positive reviews and a positive reputation in the marketplace in both residential and commercial projects. We have two immediate projects that we need additional support to execute and with an increasingly busy summer season, we potentially could keep qualified professional carpenters an ongoing pipeline of freelance projects for several weeks.
We need experienced outdoor carpenters with 5-10 years experience building decks, patio covers, and other outdoor projects. Preference is given to those with proof of certification. Applicants need to have positive and professional attitude, able to take instruction while providing professional insights that improve the final product, speak English, and have the math skills required to execute carpentry projects. While projects are bid for the whole, our typical pay guidance is as follows:
- Foreman level - $21-25 per hour with top dollar given to those with references, proof of skill set, and certification. These are people with management experience, 7-10 years of experience, and have carpentry skills that can deliver quality work as promised without compromise to quality. Those that bring complete project teams are also given preference.
- Journey level - $19-21 per hour with top dollar given to those with references, proof of skill set, and certification. These are people with at least 5 years of experience in carpentry and 1 year of experience as a journey level carpenter with solid understanding on the construction of residential outdoor projects.
- Carpenter and Lead Carpenter position, $15--20 per hour. This is a position that we would want to see excellent baseline skill sets, ability to understand and perform all duties of carpenter or finish carpenter, following recognized procedures/techniques for building well-constructed decks, docks, and patio covers working along side more experienced carpenters without a large gaps of learning the trade still required.
As an overall background for how we work with freelance carpenters:
- We provide specifications of your estimated role and the project including project skill make up (i.e. 1 journey level, 2 lead carpenters, and assistant requiring 8-12 hours of work spread across 2 days)
- Since most of our jobs are 3-5 days, we pay at the completion of the job + up to 2 days to process the client's payment and coordinate accounts payable. If jobs are longer than 5 days, we will pay on a weekly basis.
- Workers must show up daily for the agreed working hours. If you are late or do not show up during the contracted period, you will forfeit your role and be paid for the documented work hours completed.
- Negligence or unreasonable skill level material costs will be the freelancer's responsibility (i.e. you are unable to cut the length of the board the right measurements several times that leads to an overage of +10% in material costs will fall into this unreasonable level).
- You must provide us with a 1099 before you start the project and signed statement of work.
Please remember that outside projects can be difficult and thus, we do attempt to pay higher rates as an incentive to work in this environment. If you have health problems that make it difficult for you to lift heavy boards, work in Texas temperatures for 8-10 hours a day with appropriate breaks, or do not believe this work is something you can perform, please do not apply. We do value the passion and health of our subcontractors.