We are looking for a methodical Market Researcher to carry out quantitative and qualitative research in order to support the executive team during the start-up phase of a new online delivery service. The ability to define the scope and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies and goals, and to deliver a design/propose action plan for achieving those objectives. It is imperative that the chosen individual identify population densities, demographics and household financial data for a start-up online delivery company. The successful market researcher will be able to analyze autonomously qualitative data, trends, strategies and competition aiming at increasing competitiveness and the most effective “First Step”.
• Utilize statistical software to manage and organize information monitoring the progress of research projects
• Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
• Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
• Compile, analyze and interpret statistical data to identify patterns and solutions, including surveys and focus group transcripts
• Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
• Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
• Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
• Research and develop systems by studying current competitors practices; designing modifications
• Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
• Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
• Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group.
• Gather business intelligence and actionable data on private companies.
• Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office
• Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
• Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
• Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining
• BS degree in Statistics, Marketing, related field or equivalent proven experience
Job Type: Contract