I'd like to create a product targeted to the Japanese market which contains video conversations to help prepare individuals who wish to learn more English outside of the classroom. Before attempting this, I'd like to get a feel for the market I'm going up against. These are the main points of concern:
1) Are there any organizations that I could join which would help improve penetration into the target market
2) What niche markets are there for English conversational material
3) What is the best medium to deliver these materials (DVD, mini-cd, web pased)
4) Demographics of the target market
As for the requirements, I'll try to be as open as possible, but here are the main things I would prefer (note if you don't meet a specific requirement, but feel you can still meet the requirements of the job, let me know and explain why):
1) Relevant experience with the Japanese market
2) Offshore preferred, am open if you can deliver on budget
3) MBA Preferred, but given the budget I can understand if this is not workable
4) Proficient English skills. A sample of written work is preferred if possible
5) Ability to communicate in Japanese for the market research, or a network containing people who do. If you believe you can still analyze the market without it, let me know. I do however feel that the finished result will be more comprehensive with this requirement.
Let me know if you need further information.