I have a house that currently has 5 guests staying in it. I need someone who can look after the day to day stuff with the house(not that there's stuff to do every day).
1. Arrange for someone to cut the grass/spray weedkiller in the summer.
2. Deal with any complaints that the house guests may have. These are given via tickets in Zendesk. Such complaints may be that a lightbulb is gone, or that some item may need replacing in the house due to wear and tear.
3. Arrange viewings for any rooms that become vacant (we've only had 1 become vacant in the last 10 months so this isn't that often). This would involve putting an ad on daft and showing people the room (depending on the person who's leaving and the situation you may be able to organize with them to do this).
4. Deal with any other issues and get the right person to help if needed, example plumbers for boiler, electrician etc. We have a list of companies we've used for these things before but would just like to have someone else taking responsibility and care of it.
5. We already have a weekly cleaner so corresponding with them and getting any cleaning products they need. Organizing a new cleaner if ever needed(we have a cleaning company sourced).
6. Anything else to do with the maintenance and good keeping of the house and guests.
This is the first time we've hiring over this. We're trying this with one house initially but the hope is that if it goes well that we can do this with other houses we control and you can either do this role with those houses as well or else look after people doing this for those houses.
This gig doesn't require many physical hours of work and is a more reactive role dealing with any issues or doing viewings as they arise. The main work would involve responding to anything from the cleaner, attending any maintenance calls, managing a gardener and doing any viewings should they arise.
We're open to hear offers on payment. We would base the payment tied to the occupancy rate of the property, that is if there's a void where a room isn't filled then this would be reflected(this hasn't happened so far!). We have a bi-monthly/monthly survey for the guests to rate the cleaning/maintenance of the house in general, also the guests can rare the solution of the tickets once they're set to solved so we would be aiming for a happy experience for all.
All in all, this is a great opportunity for someone who feels they're good at organizing things and people and feel that they want to gain experience in managing for their careers and who could potentially want to grow with us!