We need to port an existing app to macOS 10.15 and 11. The authoring environment used before depends on 32 bit components and is gone, so a re-write using Swift is in order. What we seek is an experienced developer who can aid us in creating a scaffold to work with in that process. In principle the app shall:
- receive files and or folders by drag-n-drop onto the UI
- determine all files from dropped folders and their sub-folders
- process only files matching a set of file extensions (CR2 CR3 NEF PEF DNG RAF RW2 etc. etc.)
- using a not all that complex interface have a few check box and drop down options
- for each file programmatically create a command line script to call by Apple Script "do shell script" (all scripts exist and are not part of the scaffold)
- spawn the script and give back the shell immediately
- poll the file system like twice a second thereafter checking for a file created by the script indicating it is done
- spawn and monitor processing for as many files in parallel as there are CPU cores in the Mac
- clean up, await more files etc.
The app exists for 10.6 through 10.14 so exploring desired behavior is not a problem. The whole process will be guided in a detailed way, all it takes is profound experience with Swift / Cocoa / Objective C and it should work out fine.
Hi, if you can accept to use Objective-C to implement the App, I can quickly complete your needs, I have decent skills and experience with Objective-C/Cocoa.
4 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin €662 tähän työhön
I have very extensive experience in system programming for macOS with Cocoa/Objective C and Swift too. I think I can write custom scripts to automatically port your application.