We use a Linux server as a filesystem to store backups onto from our centralised backup server - we are in process of changing backup software vendors and require a new set of scripts to work because of the new environment.
For each host that is backed up Each full back that is performed creates a file with an extension of vbk (each host in its own directory structure), each following incremental backup of the same host creates files with the extension vib - this continues on until the next full backup - when all the vib files are automatically deleted.
We need the following to happen
1) Check a text file for a list of Hosts that need to be copied - there will be one host per line in the file
2) Use this hostname to change to a directory that will store the backup files for that host
3) Identify (By Date) the newest vbk file in the directory and any vib files that are newer than that vbk
4) Copy these files to another directory on the same linux system (this will be removable drive)
5) Output a textfile that shows the size/space taken for the original files in the source directory and the files on the copied medium
6) Refer to the original text file of all hosts and process the next one in the list until the file is finished.
Hello, I am experienced in Linux system development and scripting (including Bash). I can write shell script according to your listed requirement. Contact me on chat if you are interested Best regards
10 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin $168 tähän työhön
Hi Since it is vbk and vib files, I assume it is a Veeam backup utility. I can write a shell script as per your requirements listed 1 - 6. Let me know if interested. Thanks
Dear Employer, I have 5+ years of experience working on Linux and written several automated scripts to analysis . Given an opportunity would deliver it on time with high quality.