The specifications for this new project are the same as for project Link extraction (city attractions). Please see them below.
Additional, I have a few remarks:
1) The number of links for each city is not the same, simply because the number of attractions for each city is different. I would say about 35-40 for larger, touristic cities and maybe 25-30 for smaller cities. The number of attractions it is not as important as the relevance of the attraction. So, if you find 18 attractions for a smaller city, it is not a tragedy but I would prefer not to drop much under 20.
2) For islands Fiji, Trinidad&Tobago, Tahiti, Bahamas, Puerto Rico please list the attractions for the whole island not just the main city.
3) These links will be used for a future project - making a tourist guide for each city. For each attraction you have extracted, I will need relevant information (short description, phone number, ticket price, opening hours, funny facts etc). Therefore, it is important for me that the links you extract represent the most important/interesting attractions and the links contain useful information. Hopefully
we will work together for this future project also.
Feedback based on the last project:
- I liked that you found interesting entertainment attractions (not only opera, theatre, amusement parks, etc).
- please filter the list of parks&nature and museums&galleries, entertainment by adding only the ones that are the most visited or very interesting (I will let you be the judge of that). Think like a tourist and imagine that you are making the list of things to do for yourself.
- please make sure that for each attraction you list, the link contains enough information to be put in my guide. For example, I found a link containing only 1 sentence about where the attraction is located.
- each link should only contain information about 1 attraction (eg for Palermo the link [url removed, login to view] has a list of activities).
- please make sure there are no duplicated links.
- I would list the Aquariums under Entertainment/Sights category not under Museums category.
For each of these 100 cities:
- search the web for the main city attractions. You should use at least 3 websites (travel advisor websites) when searching for the city attractions (each website has it's own version of main attractions). The bigger the list the better, but the relevance of the attraction is more important.
- list the links under the following 5 categories:
* Sights. Most representative attractions for each city: landmarks, buildings, squares, streets (other than shopping streets that will be included in "Shopping" category)
* Parks&nature. Here will be included parks, gardens, beaches, botanical gardens, zoo's
* Entertainment. Here will be included theatre, opera, sports (eg. important stadiums, F1 race tracks), amusement parks, other forms of entertainment (eg. bullfights for Madrid city or Red Light district for Amsterdam)
* Shopping. Here will be included important department stores, malls, shopping streets, markets
For each attraction:
- find its Wikipedia link in English; if it does not have a Wikipedia link in English, find the official website; if it does not have one, find another webpage that contains only specific information about that attraction.
1. All links will be listed in a text file and must be grouped by city and by category (please see the attached file for an example).
2. A certain attraction will be displayed under only one category (eg. if opera house is also landmark, it will be included in the "Entertainment" category.)