We're looking for an individual with the following characteristics:
- able to communicate well in English and have means to meet on chat and voip/video during the project.
- solid technical/engineering understanding and can provide technology advice during the development process.
- come forward and suggest architecture
- experience deploying to an elastic hosting environment such as EC2 or Heroku.
- can work with us via shared git/mercurial repository and set up staging and production environments that can be used for iterative testing down the track.
- produce maintainable documented code with the purpose of continuing to add features over the next few years.
- Experience in how Paypal works and can be adapted to our use case.
The project entails:
- marketplace for buyer to search or browse for a product. Since it's not a typical e-commerce solution, the buyer can only put an inquiry to rent the product for a particular date. Once reviewed by the seller, they enter through negotiation of terms before
- roles based: within a "company entity" there are several different users with different access in the system. (it's quite simple RBAC).
- once inquiry is accepted for a particular day, the product is not available to other users looking to "rent" for that day.
- the workflow is very similar to AirBnb.
- terms such as price is negotiated via messaging in the app.
- standard contracts are set up per user, and a few variables are changed every time.
- need to integrate with provider of e-signatures to capture contract signatures.
- use paypal or stripe for payment processing. Split sum to be transferred into fee + remaining amount and transfer into different accounts.
What we can offer:
- Working with experienced technology professionals with years of silicon valley/san francisco experience with software startups.
- Developing a new product set to revolutionize how musicians and artists are being booked to perform events.
- Flexible work hours: we want to do it right, not in a rush. If you need to accommodate other projects, we can have a project plan to allow that.
- We're looking to build a long term relationship to add features as we grow the site and our business.