We are seeking an experience Laravel developer that emphasizes attention to detail, coding best practices,
We test advertising effectiveness and need to build two small websites from scratch using Laravel to test the impact of various components within a user experience. The sites will need to be modeled to be similar to other popular video streaming sites and social media apps, however with minimal user functionality (e.g. no login required, no sharing features enabled). The content of the site will be retrieved from a pre-populated PostgreSQL database. Because the sites will be re-used in the future, emphasis must be placed on good programming best practices, consistent code styling, and DOCUMENTATION: an important measure of success will be the handoff of the product from you the freelancer to our internal software engineers. All assets and the sites will be hosted on our private server, available only to users invited to participate.
Video Streaming Site Requirements
• Users will be automatically sent to the testing environment from an online survey. This entry point is called the “Landing page”. At this point, all the data exists to render the correct content on the site based on what we are testing, so it must be read from the database and rendered correctly as part of the initial request.
• Visually, the landing page will be similar to popular streaming services, with videos grouped into categories. It will feature responsive design and thus have appropriate styling and rendering for PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, etc.
• Different ad types and formats may be tested on the landing page. Interactions will be tracked (e.g. if the user closes the ad, or interacts in any way)
• The user can click/tap on any of the videos to be directed to a “content page”, which displays the selected video, as well as social media comments, and a list of additional content that may be of interest to watch next
o The list of additional content is provided by the database
o Social media comments and other metadata are pulled from a public API
• Different ad types and formats may be tested on the content page. These could include preroll video ads, midroll video ads, and various ad types in the social media commentary or list of additional content
• After watching a specified number of videos and/or a timer has elapsed, the a “continue” button will appear to redirect the user back to the survey
• Interactions and displayed video and ads will be tracked and logged to the database. The video player used is Flowplayer Commercial v7.2.7
Social Media Site Requirements
• Functional requirements similar to the video streaming site
• Site will be modeled after photo-sharing platforms and need mobile-specific features such as flickable “cards” and carousel formats
• Ads and content includes images, animated gifs, and videos