To Whom It May Concern:
We, a unique UK business venture, wish to hire the services of a web design company or team to deploy our online presence.
This project will consist of two parts, a backend design and the implementation of our template (PSD/JPG file) into this backend. The generic specs of these two components are as follows:
- Database handling client details, registration, the ‘auction style engine’ and its current ‘item’ (only one at a time);
- Designing the ‘auction style engine’ itself, with its special specification;
- Registration form with standard form checks and email confirmation system;
- Client login and relevant password retrieval process;
- Setting protected areas of the websites (members only pages);
- Addressing security/speed issues arising from MySQL databases and JSP connectors;
- Coding the links/pages themselves based on the ‘Site Tree’ provided (15 pages in total);
- Admin panel, to administer accounts, see auctioned items and view statistical info (number of bids, items sold so far, etc.)
- Implement our template to all areas of the website;
- Using tact and common sense, inherent of a good company/team, to suggest ways of better displaying/linking information;
- A final mockup of the website will need to simulate payment being accepted, so the WHOLE website, including the auction facility, can be tested. Payment page will then have to be returned to normal, so WE can then integrate our own payment facility.
Due to the special nature of our business, and the outstanding patents, we will only give specific details about this ‘auction style engine’ to the right company/team and after an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) has been signed (via post).
The pre-requisites are as follows:
- Willingness to sign an NDA;
- Real experience in deploying corporate and/or blue chip websites;
- Experience in JSP/XHTML/CSS programming using MySQL databases;
Please only bid if you meet these requirements and are able to provide a link to your website.
Further to the brief previously posted, we would like to say that this is a relatively small project and that in no way resembles the complexity of other auction websites such as eBay. Therefore, we are prepared to accept bids of anything up to $800 and with a timescale of 20 working days (all together 28 days).
If it is going to help, in keeping your estimates realistic (bids and timescales), I would like to suggest the use of PHP instead of JSP to code the backend of this auction style website. Once again, I must reiterate that this is nothing like eBay and only one tem is auctioned at a time.
Please renew your bids/estimates to reflect the new information I have provided.