1. Need to be build on eclipse
2. Don’t need to have an interface, just run it on the console of eclipse
3. It can be a really basic and simple one. but with comments
4. I started doing it but don’t have enough time, I can even send the codes I already have.
Ultra-Vision rents Music, Music Videos, Movies, and TV Box sets. Ultra-Vision has one shop, but is planning on having several shops located throughout Ireland and needs to computerize their system, as currently all items are tracked using a paper-based model of inventory tracking. You have been tasked by Ultra-Vision to create a movie rental shop management system. The shop has several titles that can be classified as described in the following section. Also, there are different types of customers, and the rental shop has different subscription plans. These plans are designed to limit the titles that a customer can rent unless the customer has a premium membership. You have to create a system that allows the user (shop staff), to keep track of the titles (rented and in stock) and the customers of the shop. The system is described further on the following pages.
Module Learning Outcomes Assessed
• Apply best practices in Object Oriented Programming and Constructs in the production of software systems.
• Write robust Object Oriented software.
• Utilise Object Oriented features and constructs such as Packages, Nested Classes, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Enums, Abstract Classes, Interfaces and Collections to provide elegant solutions to appropriate problems.
• Understand the benefits of using IDE tools in software development in terms of development, deployments, packing, code conventions and version control.
• Titles in the shop are broken down into types: (ML) Music, (ML) Live Concert Videos, (VL)
Movie, (TV) Box Set
• Customers must obtain a membership card. All transactions are cashless. Members are required to link their membership card to their credit or debit card account. The membership card doubles as a Loyalty card which allows the customer to accumulate 10 loyalty points for each rental. The customer is entitled to receive one free rental of their choice (regardless of their subscription plan) when 100 points have been accumulated. This free rental is optional and customers can build up and keep their points for a long as they want. Every time a free rental is availed, 100 points must be discounted from the loyalty card.
• All items must be returned within 3-days (72 hours). Items are returned to one of 10 ‘return slots’ which scan the barcode of the items as they slide through the slot and the database is notified about the time and date of the return, and the database is automatically updated