I am looking for a jQuery plugin that automatically replaces <select>elements (based on class) with a CSS styleable select-box input and / or auto-suggest input (similar to Flexbox).
1. <select> elements with class="select" become a CSS styleable drop-down box. Only entries in the list are allowed (no typing)!
2. <select> elements with class="suggest" auto-completes and displays a list of suggestions below as text is entered. New entries are allowed.
2. <select> elements with class="complete" auto-completes (but shows no additional suggestions) as text is entered. New entries are allowed.
It should have the following features...
1. It should automatically replace HTML form <select> or <input> elements (based on class) and must be able handle <optgroup> and <option> elements (drop-down and suggestions should retain the same order as the <option>).
2. I need to get both the <option> "value" and the visible text (as $_POST in PHP) so the replacement needs to combine a hidden control containing the <option> "value" (with the same name as the original <select> for graceful degradation) and a visible text <input> with the visible text. For new entries the hidden "value" should be empty.
3. All styling will be done with CSS, so it does not need to include any other visible elements apart from the replacement <input> and a <span class="arrow">.
4. It should work across all contemporary browsers (IE7+; Safari 3+; Firefox 3+; Opera 10)... It does NOT need to support IE6 :-D.
5. The code should be original to you and should not include and GPL'd code as it is going into a proprietary project.
6. I will own all the rights to the completed code, and I would like a non-minified / commented version.
If you've read the description please include the words "select box replacement" in your reply! :-D