I have built a virtual envelope budgeting system at Inzolo.com. Currently transactions are assigned to envelopes via drag & drop. I would like to create an alternate method of assigning transactions similar to Mint and Thrive. (Feel free to sign up at Inzolo to get an idea of how the system works)
No Ajax is required for this widget. You will simply associate a JSON file to use for the data. I have attached two different samples. Once an envelope is selected I would like the control fire some kind an event I can use to update the transaction. I will need the envelope id passed to that event.
I use the jQuery library so any integration with jQuery is fine. Perhaps a jQuery plugin?
Please watch: [url removed, login to view]
- Widget should allow drop-down and select only envelope, not category
- Widget should allow typing and filter envelopes (only envelopes, not categories)
- Filter should bold and underline matching text
- Can have multiple widgets on the same page
- Widget will use json file - no ajax required
- Widget will fire event when envelope is selected and pass the envelope ID
- Should have an "Add Category" link at bottom of category list
- Should have an "Add Envelope" link at the bottom of each envelope list
- When typing, should allow keyboard to arrow down and hit enter on filtered list
I've created another screencast to provide more details on what I'm trying to do. http://screencast.com/t/HYvgEeLEUZ