We are a content analytics and intelligence platform startup and our team is distributed. We’re looking for someone to join us on a full-time basis.
Our platform includes large-scale web crawling, real-time analytics across streaming, disparate data sets, and complex UI / visualization features.
Because we’re a distributed team, we place a high value on communication, responsiveness, and autonomy. We’re a hard-working team and we solve bigger problems than our small team size would seem capable of solving.
The tools we work with:
- Ruby / Rails
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud Platform
- Amazon Web Services
- Many different APIs (ad networks, social networks, etc.)
Technical skills needed:
We’re looking for mid- to senior level, full-stack developers with experience in Ruby on Rails or similar environment (experience in other languages and frameworks such as Python / Python frameworks is fine). Java skills are a plus.
- Strong understanding and experience with UNIX / Linux tools and concepts
- Familiar with web application security principles/encryption best practices
- Ability to ramp up in our environment and be productive in 1 week (we provide a comprehensive ramping-up guide)
- Solid understanding and experience in SQL and SQL optimization (indexes, queries, write-read performance, etc.)
- Solid understanding of distributed systems/architectures
- Strong knowledge of Unicode / internationalization / encoding issues
Bonus / really great to have:
- Understanding/experience with large-scale ETL
- Understanding/experience large-scale data warehousing technologies
- Understanding/experience with OLAP concepts, in a more modern environment such as that provided by tools like Spark
- Experience with web crawling, text mining and headless browser automation
- Ability/willingness to quickly ramp up on our industry and become an expert in the field
- Ability to communicate well and make recommendations in the context of an overall set of possible solutions, with benefits/tradeoffs for each