Develop a simple demo & live (not local) version of Progressive Web App.
1) Add an "app manifest file": to manually install on Home screen
2) Add a "Service Workers" file: to have the "Web App install banner"
+ Content of the files should be only enough for the PWA appears like a native app and produces no errors. We don't need all properties in those two basic files
- Pass tests: real iPhone 7 & iOS 14 and an Android Device
- Must be familiar with trusted resources such as W3C, Google Developers, Mozilla Developer Network, Progressive Web Apps on Windows.
- Experienced with Git for both version control and collaboration
- We will use framework like Workbox, PWA Builder etc., but you should be at the level of knowing how to code from scratch
3.1. Working: we will start slowly with very small tasks to get to know each other, then gradually speed up the development
3.2. Coding convention: must be consistent
- The demo version is to prepare for the real PWA later. The reasons we have a demo version are catching up with fast pace of this tech field and concluding the features of the real one.
- All contents for the demo version are samples
- You must test the demo PWA on your local desktop and emulated device
- It does not matter where you host the demo app. You can choose to use our ready demo https site
- You must give us username and password to directly access sample database to double check
- What we don't do in this project:
+ Native device features
+ Background sync: temporarily store sending data requests on clients when offline
+ Web push notifications
- Read the attached documents, Microsoft OneNote, for the full list of tasks of this demo project
* PWA is relatively new therefore this job is negotiable