The High-Level Requirement is to build a web browser dashboards module that will allow a user to easily configure charts and dashboards and to view them as well.
The database will be MS SQL database and the module needs to maintain a table listing tables, a table listing fields, and a table to store the ‘reports’ that are created.
Functional Requirement: Building Charts/Dashboards
You will create a table in the database that will store all the setup information gathered for each chart. A user must be able to view a list of existing reports already or have option to create a new report.
To create a new report (chart) based on taking a few simple steps…
1. Create new report (give it a name and any other required properties)
2. Choose which chart (from a menu list of charts – this should be graphical so user can see a small image of each chart.)
3. Choose which table (from a list of tables in the system)
4. Depending on the chart selected allow the user to provide the relevant inputs to create the chart. For example choose the fields (from a list of fields for the selected table) for the data, and for the Y-Axis and/or X-Axis, specify the labels and so one.
5. Save the chart
6. Preview/Run the report chart/dashboard live from data in database
Please see detailed spec attached