I need a simple website (1 page) that will show some information for destinations. But this page will have dynamic content, so it will be in the form of a web application + server application, using Angular and NodeJS.
It will work like this (the web page will contain this):
- A destination search-field: The user can search for places (for example for "Berlin") using the Google Places autocomplete API
- Name of destination
- Info: First two paragraphs about Berlin from Wikipedia API
- Height above sea level: from Wikipedia
- Population: from Wikipedia (both Urban and Metro, if both are defined)
- Images from Wikipedia ( the first image will be used on the top in large format with the name of the destination)
- A map of Berlin: Google Maps, with the sights of Berlin marked
- Sights of Berlin (name and maybe image): Info from Google Places API
- Text (and maybe image) for sights of Berlin: Info from Wikipedia API
- Current weather (maybe a 5-day forecast): Source is under consideration (probably via an API)
- Average yearly temperature and chance of precipitation (monthly): In database
- Average hotel prices: In database
- Average living cost: In database
- Some links to external information on the destination: Sources under consideration
- A couple of lines with ad-related text/images
- Change language and currency
- I may have forgotten a couple of pieces of data, but the above is the main part.
The default destination is the world. Info will be written by us. The population will be shown, but height above sea level and sights will not be shown.