Our product consists of four main components:
1. Android cell phone application that runs at the customer site, gathers data, and transmits to our web service
2. Web service that receivers data from the cell phone, processes and stores the data, and responds to requests from the cell phone for aggregated data.
3. Web site that allows the customer to view the data gathered from all of their cell phones.
4. Maintenance programs that run on a periodic basis (daily) to aggregate the daily data into a separate historical database for analysis.
The work for this project is with the web site, #3 above.
There is an existing web site but it is more beta/testing quality. There are problem accessing the site with browsers other than Internet Explorer.
Users of the web site:
1. INSTALLER - Tangent Designs personnel. (Tangent Designs is the owner of this system)
2. STAFF - Customer staff. Customers are businesses that subscribe to this service.
3. USER - Customers of the Customer. These businesses will use our service to provide data to their customers.
The following functionality is required for the web site
1. Provide configuration pages that allow Installers and Staff to add/edit/remove components (cell phone, locations, people) along with attributes about the components (name, quantity, etc)
2. Produce reports that pull data from the live database as well as the historical database.
3. Enforce security to allow site users to only access the page to which their “class” of user has permission.
4. Provide site navigation (tabs, menus, etc)
5. Site must run correctly on IE, Chrome, and Firefox.
• The system is running on Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
• As part of the work on the web site reports the developer will be writing stored procedures.
• Production site is hosted on [url removed, login to view]
• Windows Server 2012 R2 / IIS 8.5 / .NET 4.5
• MSSQL 2012
• Visual Studio Ultimate 2012
• C# for web service, and web site