I'm after someone to write for me a windows mobile widget. This widget will pull data from [url removed, login to view] to provide TV show information to the user.
This widget can be written in any code you like, so long as it works on all Windows Mobile 6 devices.
1) must not interfere with phone calls. If a call is received or in progress it must be inactive so that it doesn't interfere with the phone call.
2) It will have in its options or set up the settings for the user to choose their region as per the [url removed, login to view] site(Sydney, Brisbane, Rural Victoria, etc). This is then stored on the device.
3) Given the choice, it will use Wi-Fi for data gathering rather than the mobile network.
4) Provide 2 scheduled periods for polling. These two periods are completely user controllable. Preferably this would be done graphically by selecting from a 7 day, Sunday to Saturday calendar that is in half hour blocks. The user would either tap to select/deselect or touch and drag to select/deselect a range of times.
5) The user must be able to set the poll times for when to update its data for both scheduled periods - for example, every 10 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, 45 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours. This means that there can be one schedule where it is updated every 15 mins, and another where it does not update at all.
6) Only need to show 2-3 hours in advance at a time, depending on screen size but 2 hours at a time is minimum.
Additional items: (10% bonus for each of these done, but they are not essential)
- no blue on white menus for the interface please! This is acceptable for the configuration menu items but it is not preferred.
- should be able to autodetect if the device has its screen orientation changed from portrait to landscape, and adjust its display accordingly.
- The widget interface should have its font, font colour, and background colour to be user selectable, even if only from a basic range of colours. The background colour should be able to be transparent if the user chooses.