Thus when a user is trying his input in the fields that are AutoComplete enabled, he'll have a dynamically droped down menu in the typed fields that help him automatically complete typing. The drop-down menu contains all possible matches based on the typed-letters. The user can make a selection from the menu and complete the input.
1.1 Case 2: Make Appointment from Appointment Book
1.1.1 Interface Behaviors
Appointment book --> (select time slot) --> Appt form URL
--> Fill in Patient-Appointment form--> ”Save Appointment” button-->(Appt. shown on the Appointment Book)
1.1.2 Form Design
The selected time slot in long format (date and time) needs to be displayed on the top of the form so that the user knows what time slot they are booking.
Patient-Appointment form generated by time slot URL has the following fields;
· First name (auto_Complete)
· Last name (auto_Complete)
· Telephone number (auto_Complete)
· Appointment duration (drop down selection, 15/30/45 minute)
· Patient reason to visit (text).
· List of All appointments made by the same patient (none, when “Search Patient Appt.” button is enabled)
· “Cancel” button associated with each listed appointment
· Button “search” for searching patient appointment.
· Submit buttons for “Save Appointment”, (Disabled if patient ID and appt time are not selected)
· Button for “Reset” (clear form information)
· Button for “Need New Appointment” (disable if patient ID not present, move to appointment time slot selection)
Button “OK” (make the form window disappear).