This website is to raise funds for a Not-For-Profit Agency. I will provide a complete brief to the best bids. The project will be kept confidential until it is launched and as such you will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Here is a basic idea so that you can provide a bid.
The website consists of just one page. This one page however, will contain a few pop-up windows and text attached to the cursor as it hovers across different parts of the page. There will be two layers to this one page site. There is a top layer that is visible to the user. This visible screen will be just a blank white screen with a logo in the lower left corner and an 'Information' button in the lower right corner. Obviously by clicking the information button a pop-up widow will open up with information & instructions. There will be a second layer that is unseen to the user and sits beneath the visible one. This unseen layer is a full screen sized image of global interest that will eventually be revealed pixel by pixel. How will that process happen?
When the user visits the site, he/she will be able to select a group of pixels on that page (by drag & select) which they can "own" by making a donation (as many as he/she is willing to pay for). Once the group of pixels are selected a pop-up window appears to allow 'registration' & 'donation'. The window provides a form for the user to complete a small profile OR click a Facebook button to use their Facebook information to complete the profile. It also provides a donation amount based on the number of pixels selected and will link to our Paypal account to complete donation and therefore complete registration. Here's the fun part of this online experience. Those white pixels are now removed to reveal a portion of the image below. Those pixels are also now connected to that persons profile. They 'own' them (loose use of the word own). No one else can have them. So, now whenever anyone else visits the site and hovers their cursor over those 'owned' pixels a small window, attached to the cursor, appears with the 'owners' picture, name & location (a mini profile). Clicking on one of their pixels will open up a larger pop-up window with the persons full profile. Eventually as more and more pixels are purchased the image is revealed until every pixel is 'owned' and the whole image is revealed. If a user hovers over a vacant white pixel a simple text appears alongside the cursor informing them that is still available to 'own'.
Other points to note:
- When a user completes registration via their Facebook account, a status update needs to be posted on their profile. Obviously this will promote the charity & it's online experience to their 'friends'.
- We will also allow a user to use their Twiiter account in the same way.
- An email address will need to be provided at registration. We will use this email address to set up a database that provides regular updates on the progress of the project and latest news/info (eg. celebrity registrants; charitable work carried out etc)
- Some pixels will be "secret prize pixels'. When the user completes registration of one of these pixels they will be notified that they have won a major prize.
- All design elements will be provided by us. You will not need to do any of the graphic design. It is simply website construction.
I think that should be enough information to provide us with a bid. Please keep in mind that this is purely to raise funds for a charity. No one individual will profit from this project. So keep your bids reasonable. You will obviously be paid for the work that you do however.