Here's what I need:
HOW IT NEEDS TO WORK:
User chooses a product from the store. It is listed by the individual unit. (i.e. A 12" x 12" floor tile listed at two dollars per tile) They're not sure how many tiles they need because they're not good at math but they know that have 400 square feet to cover.
So they see a helpful calculator just to the right of the product image.
They input their square footage and the calculator figures out how many units/tiles are required for the space. And then allows them to add that amount to the cart.
The product can only be ordered in full box amounts. So, for example, if their requirements are 15 tiles but each box holds 12 tiles. Then they'd be required to purchase 24 tiles total. (Two boxes of 12 tiles)
1. The administrator should be able to define the variables in each products edit window in the CubeCart Admin. Variables for each product would be - Tile or Plank (wood) size AND How many units per box.
2. This mod should be simple for the administrator use. Since each product has different variables I'm sure it requires an interface in the edit product page for each product.
3. The mod has to respect boxed quantities. This means that regardless of how many units the customer needs exactly it always rounds up to the full box unit. This store cannot ship partial quantities/break boxes.
4. This mod must run in the Ared theme from Estelle/Projeto for CubeCart V4
5. See [url removed, login to view];categoryId=348&sectionId=1&subCategoryId=0" for a perfect example of how this should work.
I have looked around quite a bit for a mod like this. It's possible I missed seeing one that already exists so please point me to it if you know of one.
If not, I'm looking to hire a developer.
Please respond with your feedback and questions.