You need to recreate our repair database in cakePHP and MySQL. Ajax scripting will be needed (as fields auto-populate without page refreshes). It also needs to email people on status change etc. The repair database has two main areas:
- repair tracking database. from the screenshots it explains mostly what it does.
- lending database. simple lending tracking db with past lending history. also emails users every day if they've not returned the item they borrowed.
Also another very simple asset tracking database (very simple now, but would prefer if it fits in with repair database a bit better - ie currently each user only has a single serial number associated with them - it would be better if each user could have multiple items associated with them and when creating a repair you could pick one).
There is quite a bit of coded logic which you'll need to decode from the Zoho code. Just one example - if I create a repair on a HDD, it can figure out from the serial number which supplier we bought it from and email the correct one with a repair request. Another example - depending on which status a repair is set at, it could email the user to let them know when their computer will be repaired, when to collect it, etc.
As a developer, you will be:
- understanding Zoho Creator and how it functions
- very competent in creating modular, elegant PHP code using cakePHP
- very competent in MySQL and understanding the requirements of a database
- thorough in commenting your code so others can follow!
- lucky, because there will be no misunderstanding requirements. All you need to do is to create the exact functionality of my database that I'll give you access to in cakePHP. Easy!