My friend and I play a game where we tip a driver each race for the Formula 1 season
I would like a fun mini command line java app to use for our tipping and results
The app would be required to...
1. Be run for the command line (O/S independent - java 1.5)
2. Have a textual main menu
3. Before the main menu comes up an question to identify the user as "DJ" or "DB"
4. Have an option in main menu to view the rules - list 1 to 10 text rules (that are read in from a text file so they could be editied, rules are one to three lines long, a common separator would be used)
5. Have an option in main menu to list the formula 1 season races (that are read in from a text file so they could be edited, data is a short summary of race number, date, country, race status "completed", "last", "next" or "future" (status is by current date check vs date of race))
6. Have an option from the race list to choose the race with status "next" and show a list of drivers, the identified user can chose a driver for the race (conditions - the driver they chose cannot have been chosen already by the user for a previous race, they cannot choose a driver already chosen for this race by the other user, they cannot chose blacklisted drivers[(driver list is read in from a text file, data is first name, middle name, lastname, blacklist flag])
7. Have an option from the race list to choose the race with status "last", to show the driver picks selected by both users and an option to flag a winner, upon flagging winner a message prints out about the users (flag saving to "score" file [1 point for a win], messages to print out are read in at random from two text files "win messages", "lose messages")
8. Have an option in main menu to view the current score - (list the score all completed races in a race by race format, total at the end and message about the current winner and loser); (read in "score" file, messages to print out are read in at random from two text files "winner messages", "loser messages")