- What I need?
Extract files from an .ISO image using Java.
- How should this be done?
There exists an Apache commons virtual file system that allows opening a lot of different file formats but does not yet support ISO archives (those files typically used for distributing CD/DVDs).
To our luck, someone already wrote a plugin for that purpose in apache vfs that is called "loopy": [url removed, login to view] and you find the VFS project at this location: [url removed, login to view]
Your mission is to create a library/class that:
- Combines Apache VFS with Loopy
- Opens an ISO image and extracts a file from inside the ISO
- Opens an ISO image and allows to then open a file inside this ISO image as an inputstream (this is already supported on VFS)
- Keeps things simple.. :)
- Use Java 6
- Use Netbeans IDE for the java project
- Use the [url removed, login to view] free private SVN repository as place to host the source code (I will help to get this setup)
- Upload code during development and keep me informed on what is going on
- Use only 100% platform independent Java code
This should be a really quick task for a skilled developer. The code is already available, just need someone to combine and deliver this in a nice package. I want to have this available before the weekend ends, thanks.