- To apply for this project you must bid $100 and 5 days.
The entire project is listed here:
* [url removed, login to view]
* user name... guest
* password... guest
The 5 days are calendar days (all of days on the calendar). We intend to award similar versions of this project to multiple providers.
Frankly, we expect that if you bid on this project, you will not actually complete it on time. The vast majority of software developer providers we have dealt with on GetAFreelancer are "midnight engineers" who seem not to realize how little free time they actually have.
Typically providers we have worked with very quickly begin making excuses, as well as self-righteously asserting that they need more time and more money to complete the project. We refuse to work in that manner.
Also, we refuse to waste our time negotiating with providers who bid on a project but fail to complete it on time and on budget. A provider isn't doing us a favor by bidding on one of our projects; nor are we doing a provider a favor by awarding a project to a provider. This is strictly a business relationship.
Because it is trivial for you to bid on a project; but it is very difficult to actually complete a project on time and on budget, we are reposting virtually identical versions of this project and assigning it to multiple providers. In other words, we expect that if you bid on this project you won't actually complete it on time and on budget.
"But what I if more than one provider successfully completes the project?!? Will I get paid?" Yes. We are willing to pay more than one provider for successfully completing essentially identical versions of this software.
"Will you escrow money for me?" Certainly not. If you fail to complete a project on time then you will have a strong incentive to refuse to release the escrow funds to us because you will feel entitled to a partial payment. That is not how we see it. If you fail to complete the project on time and on budget, then we refuse to pay you any money whatsoever. If you refuse to accept these conditions, then please don't bid on this project.
Below is some of the information about the project:
- Currently we can load the the version Locator at Communication between Locator and the PIC chip on to an i88 phone, press a key on the keypad of an i88 phone, and thereby cause Locator to send a B command and a U command to the PIC chip, and have the PIC chip respond appropriately to Locator based on the requirements listed at Commands and arguments for communication between Locator and the PIC chip.
- This project will enable us to control Locator remotely using the Tracking Website ("The Tracking Website"). In other words,we want to use a website to cause Locator to communicate with the PIC chip.
- We will login to the Tracking Website with a user name and password for a particular i88 phone running an instance of Locator.
- The Tracking Website is code you will develop from scratch (from the beginning). In other words, the Tracking Website you will create does not yet exist.
- The Tracking Website will consist of a login screen and a screen with 3 buttons
- The Tracking Website is essentially disposable
- The Tracking Website will run on our development server.
- The Tracking Website will have a Listener running on it continuously.
- The Tracking Website will display a log of all communication between the Tracking Website and all Motorola i88s mobile phones running Locator that have communicated with the Tracking Website.
- User names and passwords will be stored in a text file on our development server.