I need a program designed that will let writers come up with better wording for their work.
The program must be simple, and will work as such:
1) User inputs text - program has to recognize formatted / unformatted text (plain or HTML), and have a WYSIWYG option.
2) The program then scans the text at the click of a button, and identifies every noun, adjective and verb.
3) After identifying each noun/adjective/verb, the program runs a 3-thread query through a thesaurus API (you will have to find these - I'm not a programmer) and presents options to the user, word by word.
4) The user has 3 options:
#1 - change the word if he sees the thesaurus offer a better one
#2 - keep the word that the user has originally put in place
#3 - quit the query and go back to the text/html editor (code or WYSIWYG).
5) At the end, the program gives a quick summary of the changes that were done (something like, "you changed 17 out of 854 words").
6) Program has to have a save functionality - txt or html.
Needs to be Windows / MAC compatible, and have a user-friendly GUI. Should have an installer/uninstaller, compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7.
I can submit hand-drawn design ideas for how the GUI will look so you can write code around that.
Will pay for completed, beta-tested software only - no exceptions. I WILL check it on a Windows XP, Vista and 7 machines and test it heavily, so the less bugs there are in the final deliverable, the higher your chances of not spending any more time on fixing runtime errors or Java errors, etc. I value quality work, so if you're quick and honest, I will probably re-hire you for more work.