Drools Rule Engine GAF Spec
We require the Drools rule engine (see [url removed, login to view]) to be installed, set up and configured for testing on a new server. The purpose of this is so we may test the functionality of the rules engine in a clean environment and determine if the rules engine is suitable for application in our business.
The project is to configure and set up Drools for the following conceptual situation:
1. a secure web page is developed by you with a form for data entry of seven fields and a submit button
2. hitting the submit button will send the data to the drools rules engine
3. the drools rule engine will gather more information from a HISTORY table in the MySQL db - this table will have approximately 20 fields of data
4. the rules in the drools engine are applied to the transaction data (from the web form) plus the history data
5. the rules fire/non fire a result (depending on the rules that we will write in the engine) and populate the results into another table in the DB plus return the result to the web page so the users can see the result
We do not need assistance writing the rules but require that the environment is established so as we can write rules using the Drools BRMS web interface.
Therefore you will be required to:
1. You will be given a fresh SliceHost account (see [url removed, login to view]) with Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex), you will be required to make the server basically secure and create access to the server by establishing an account for us to log on
2. Download the required packages from drools and install ALL dependencies
3. Set up a MySQL database that contains a table called HISTORY, and load the sample data (that we will supply) into the history table and set up a table called RESULTS to recieve the results
4. Code the web page form (including a login page) required to enter the data and submit it to the rule engine and display the result
5. Write one simple rule in Drools so we can test your establishment
In order to bid on this project you should have previous drools implementation experience. We have not used drools previously (but have extensive rules engine experience with other applications) and require someone with knowledge of the Drools application to assist us in determining if Drools is appropriate for our use. In your proposal / bid please include details of your previous drools experience.
A detailed spec will be provided to the winning bidder.