I have an existing customer portal where users can login and manually upload files. I want to add functionality where they can setup an FTP specifically for themselves so they can upload the documents there. Then I need some program to run every x minutes and ping all the FTP folders that have been setup and upload the data to an existing web service.
The functionality i'm looking for should be very similar to setting up an FTP account with google. Here:
[url removed, login to view]
Here is a breakdown of what I'm thinking
1. A way for a person to setup a new FTP Account with user specific credentials. A way for user to change credentials at least the password. A way to tie the FTP credentials to the company ID we have in our portal. Maybe this can be done by embedding the setup into our pages via an IFRAME and passing the Company ID to the page. Also, A way for each person to view the ftp location and username after the fact.
2. An admin area where I can see all the FTP Accounts created and cancel them.
3. A program to run every x minutes that checks all the ftp folders and submits the file/data from the folders to a web service. For each file, we need to add a new static piece of data to tie the file to the company via the company ID.
4. Wipe out the file after it's been processed by the web service
5. Ideally, I'd like to give everyone the same URL to go to, but based on the credentials they enter the data goes to a specific folder that others can't access. However, I'm flexible on this.
6. Ideally, the code to check the ftp and send the data can be hosted on heroku and setup via a heroku cronjob.
- I don't currently have a setup for FTP folders because I am hosting on heroku, i'm looking for guidance on what I need to purchase/setup to make this happen,
- The existing customer portal is built on [url removed, login to view], we shouldn't had trouble embedding the page within the portal, but we need to be able to tie the information from what the user sets up to the logged in user.