I am the Executive Editor of the Trade Journal: http://www.dataversity.net. It is a WordPress site sitting on a Linux OS. We also have a mock site for testing and a redundant server.
The first step of the project is Clean-up:
- Our previous IT person has made a horrible, horrible mess of things and there is a lot broken on the site I need fixed immediately
- The sidebars are unavailable to add widgets to
- There is supposed to be flash on the homepage filtering through the top four stories - right now it's just sitting stagnant.
- For previous fixes our past IT person copy/pasted solutions without removing unnecessary code
- We need all the crap removed
- Instead of manually installing updates for WordPress, the Plugins, and the OS and testing them on the redundant server and mock sites first as we were told was happening, all updates have been set to just update automatically. This has been the core issue of almost everything breaking and sudden issues with the site slowing down during peak volume hours.
- I need someone to go in and remove all the auto updates and get it back to a state where updates are done manually
The second step of the project is just ongoing maintenance:
- Manually installing, testing, and then implementing the updates for WordPress, the WordPress Plugins and the OS.
- Unless something goes horribly wrong, this should be 1-4 hours per week max.