Our company currently has a J2EE web application running on platform of Sun hardware, Solaris 8, various iPlanet services(ldap, mail, java app server, etc) and an Oracle 8i database.
We wish to migrate this application to a new Intel-based server running the Free and Open Source software equivalents, example: Linux, PostgreSQL, tomcat/jboss, OpenLDAP, courier, etc.
This project will be to perform this migration in multiple steps: Analysis, Development, Server setup, Deployment, QA testing. We also require the source code to be set up in a CVS repository.
Below is a list of components that are integrated into the web application:
1) Oracle 8i with 1 database.
2) iPlanet Directory (ldap) Server with approx 500 user entries.
3) iPlanet Mail Server with approx 500 mail accounts.
4) iPlanet Web Server with 2 server instances configured.
5) iPlanet Java Application Server with one J2EE-based application.
6) One shell script that performs a daily download of financial information.
The web application is used for stock trading and account statement generation. There is also a web-based email component and back-end administration interface, all written in J2EE with jsp pages and some javabeans. The components of the application include:
- 1 web form to place a stock buy order
- 1 web form to place a stock sell order
- 1 screen to display account summary(parsed from information stored in an Orcacle table with some calculations performed)
- 1 screen to display transaction history (parsed from information stored in an Orcacle table with some calculations performed)
- 1 screen to submit a request to transfer funds.
- A "my profile" screen to store preferences and contact information.
- A custom built web-based email screen to provide access to mail accounts on the mail server.
- A back-end administration interface
The above elements have been coded in 68 different .java files 49 different .jsp files.
The project will not be considered complete until the following has been delivered by the winning bidder:
1) Set-up of all software components on new server - a dedicated server with no OS installed will be provided.
2) Migration of Web Application source code to new server. Some coding may be required - example: the iPlanet security and ODBC layers were referenced in the code.. this will need to be modified when migrating.
3) Full comments embedded in any modified code.
4) Release notes that reference any changes in functionality to the new system.
5) Administration notes - example: how to start/stop the servers, add new components, etc.
6) QA testing of the migrated application.
7) User Acceptance Testing - We will test the migrated application to ensure it meets our needs.
8) Set up a CVS repository system for easy future enhancements. NOTE: The source code has previously been modified using JBuilder. The desired tool of choice is Eclipse.
What we provide to the winning bidder:
1) Full source code and documentation of the web application.
2) Access to a fully working demo account on the existing application.
3) Dedicated co-located server with high bandwidth.
4) Real-time support for any questions you may have during the migration process.
5) Flexible payment terms.
Source code can be provided in advance to Gold bidders only.
Please PM me with any additional details you require, and thank you for your consideration to this project.