Enhance existing application with the following functionality:
1. Administration functionality:
- Create new form definition
- Set user access rights (users or groups)
- Define form sections / fields
- Define form validation rules
- Define form layout
Each form created will correspond to a new table in the backend database.
Each form will have the following urls created for it:
- Create New Form
- View records
The view corresponds to a query to the database. A hyperlink will allow the users to open and view records. Then depending on their acces they can either Edit or Delete the record. If they edit the record then the record can be submitted and the backend database updated.
Users can only 'soft' delete records. This means that a hidden field called DeleteStatus will be set to Yes and the records will be put in a recycling bin. The record can then be restored or permanently deleted from the recycling bin.
2. User functionality:
- Users can only create forms that they have access to.
- Users can only edit forms that they have access to
- Users can only delete records that they have delete access to
- Users can view records
- Ability to create ad-hoc reports based on the records.
- Create dynamic reports to display records based on set criteria.
DETAILS ON EXISTING APPLICATION:
- MySQL 4.1
- JDK 1.4.2
- Tomcat 5.0
- JDBC driver for MySQL
- Allow for complete hand-over and documentation of logic and code