Web Application required for furniture store. We are a furniture chain and we produce custom-made (modular) sofas for our customers. Customers have the option of choosing the lounge size, cushion size, shape, types of legs, etc. to personalize their sofa suites.
We need a flash/java based application for our website that allows customers to be able to design their own modular sofa, i.e. to choose from all our options available (e.g. cushion size, sofa legs, arms, size of arms, size of overall sofa) and build a model of what the sofa they want will look like. The application will generate a 2d model (to scale) of what it will look like along with a price estimate. Customers will have the option to either print out their design, or contact us to either make an order or get a proper quote.
Design your own lounge works like this. Customer choose the number of pieces (modules) they want (of various cushion sizes, shapes, and designs), and combine them together to form their lounge. We will work with you and provide all module outlines (for you to design) and dimensions, along with their prices. The successful bidder will have to
1. Design graphical interface for modules to be dragged and dropped, and snapped together onto a grid (with dimensions)
2. Develop back-end application that allows customers to build their modular sofas to scale, and provide accurate prices for the completed lounge
3. It can be challenging because we have up to 5 different cushion sizes for up to 30 module pieces each, i.e. many variations for customers to play with.
4. Be able to incorporate all our customisable options into one application, i.e. choose legs, arm types, cushion sizes, module types.
5. Familiar with modular sofa products
Refer to [url removed, login to view] for a 1.0 version of our project. We'll obviously be looking to improve its look and functionality, as well as accuracy of pricing estimates. Also, go here to check out our module combinations [url removed, login to view] - see Toadhall model only.
Serious Bidders please respond with a short proposal how you may help us after you have really read through our requirements. No generic company profiles please. Thanks very much.