We need a simple program, which fetches an image from web camera (on windows, mac, linux platforms) and save it to hard disk. You are free to use any technology you want, with following restrictions:
- Program with all dependencies must be small ( less than 50 MB )
- Program must have easy, automatic installation process. This includes automatically download and installation of all dependencies, libraries and native libraries
- Program must be ready to install, deploy and run from java web start application. Only one or two confirmations box for user are allowed during installation.
- We have a configured ftp server and connection with it in java web start application. You don't have to worry about it.
Algorithm of usage should work as followed:
1. User clicks on get image button in java web start application
2. Application automatically detects, if user has installed our program to fetch image from webcam.
If user doesn't have it, this program will be automatically downloaded from FTP server to local hard disk and install.
3. Program will be invoked from java application, and image will be saved to hard disk.
The most important is the program must work in all environments – Windows, Mac Os, Linux and with all modern web cameras (at least in cameras supported by OpenCV). You are free to use any library or technology allowed in commercial product or use another programs for different system.
Budget for the project is $50.
Hi, I am a software developer and can complete this project using Java. I can complete this quickly. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your time. - Clarence