There currently exists a full online casino system amongst our firm.
It is several years old yet fully functional but is not ideal for our deployment at this time. The technology is not the most ideal and must be made to change with some other minor alterations.
Let me describe the system as is and where it needs to be.
The casino is built primary on Java with JSP functioning through resin.
These JSPs talk to a Sybase ASE database by using poolman on the resin server.
On the frontend of the games we have .FLA flash movies. Essentially they
communicate to the sybase database using the java servets on Resin.
The system is essentially bug free but there are several things we need done.
1. Primaryly and foremost, switch the system to Mysql from Sybase.
- There are no stored procedures to my knowledge, and as such this
would involve modifying the java and importing the content from Sybase to Mysql.
2. Improve the web admin
- This is a very simple task which will not be complex.
3. Improve the security
- Namely an audit of the current capacity for security. We would like to know what is currently in place to prevent fraud and only if needed will be expand that. Also a simple task.
4. Flash work
- We have full .FLA for all flash media. We are looking to establish small things such as consitency in the design and upgrade of gameplay. This comes down to fixing many little things such as maintaing a persistent login when switching between games and the lobby as well as graphic/sound improvements. This is not complex but for a good example of the consistency and look we strive for we are essentially following [url removed, login to view] as a model for the actual flash.
Who we expect to work with:
1. We highly prefer a team with extensive casino design/deployment.
2. Second to that the following skills are a must:
- DBA - SYBASE ASE
- DBA - MYSQL
- Extensive JAVA/JSP experience
- Very extensive actionscript/Flash/Graphics/Sounds capacity
3. The right attitude. Commitment, loyalty, drive, communication. These are important factors for us. We seek a one time affair for now. However the intention is that the selected firm can handle the evolution of our system with a longterm development/upgrade process. As such a small and selective team of talented and freely available individuals is an asset to our decision.
We hope to be able to work with you on this matter. Thank you for your time.