I'm looking for someone to code a Facebook app/game. The basic gameplay is similar to Geometry Wars ( [url removed, login to view] ), where a player controls a spaceship and shoots at enemies. I have already typed up a 14 page design plan that outlines every aspect of the game, so all you have to do is write the code. I have also created all the graphics (everything from the player's ship, to the enemies, to representations of the menu interfaces) and I will supply them to you in PSD format. The only animations you will need to create yourself are simple things like particle trails (to show the ship's movement).
These are some of the key elements of the game:
- Menu interface that allows a user to see a list of other players' games who are currently playing, and watch them play in real time.
- Multiplayer mode where users can play against other users.
- User can bring up and navigate menus during gameplay, rather than being taken to a separate screen. The best examples of this are first person shooting games, where a user can browse through menus while gameplay continues.
- Global high score lists that are saved to our server.
- Enemies that spawn faster and faster as the player gets further into the game. The entire game is based in a rectangular playing field, enemies appear, and the player kills them. The playing field is bigger than the game window, so it will need to scroll around the player's ship.
I am looking for someone with experience in coding Facebook apps (YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE CODING FACEBOOK APPS). It will need to include a tab on the user's Facebook profile as well as be able to send out notifications to a user's friends when he is playing the game and/or has achieved a high score. I would also like to be able to use it as a Myspace app, which will require a few tweaks, but nothing big. I am also fairly certain that this will need to be done in Java, not Flash, as there are many events occurring simultaneously and will need a fast server to run it smoothly without lag.
I am looking to pay a maximum of $3,000 USD MAXIMUM for this project. 1/4 of the payment will be made after an alpha version of the application is approved, 1/4 after the beta version, and the remaining 1/2 when the final version is complete. I would like it to be completed within 2 months if possible.
I have attached 2 files with a more in-depth description of the application. Please review them and make sure you are able to do everything I need. Thanks and I look forward to working with you!