This project is essentially the creation of a software requirements specification (SRS) based on an interview with the manager.
The manager has no formal experience in programming, but wishes to produce an application based on artificial neural networks, programmed in Java, and run on the Elastic MapReduce model. Additionally, the manager has produced an incomplete process flow, describing the application. The application itself has a limited scope and relatively simple structure, so creation of this SRS is not expected take a great deal of time. This SRS will be used to estimate cost, to seek bids for the development of the application, and to guide the development itself.
* Browser-based GUI
* Java-based neural network training
* Java-based report generation
* Java-based MapReduce programs
1. 05/25/09: Interview with manager, to be scheduled between 3:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. GMT.
2. Draft is written.
3. 05/26/09: Draft is submitted for review by 11:00 p.m. GMT.
4. 05/27/09: Interview for feedback, revisions, and final touches.
5. Final draft is written.
6. 05/28/09: Final draft is submitted for review by 11:00 p.m. GMT.
7. 05/29/09: Final draft is accepted; or final draft is rejected for additional revision, afterward accepted.
The following will be important in consideration of your bid:
* (Required) Knowledge of MapReduce programming model, especially Amazon Elastic MapReduce
* (Required) Knowledge of feed-forward artificial neural networks using genetic algorithm
* (Required) Expertise in Java programming
* Example(s) of SRS format you will use
* Example(s) of prior writing, especially SRSs
For artificial neural networks, see [url removed, login to view]
For MapReduce model, see [url removed, login to view]
For Amazon Elastic MapReduce, see [url removed, login to view]