I am requesting the initial setup of a IOS mobile application (a calendar app), so that my kids and I can build on it while we learn to code. I myself, have coded C# ASP.NET websites several years ago, but am new to the mobile development environment. My request is as follows:
- Use C# (this is what I am most familiar with)
- Code should compile on Visual Studio for Mac (Community Edition)
- App should load on the Iphone Simulator when project is executed
- We are using IOS Catalina
Use local database within the App:
- The Project will have a SQLite database file - [login to view URL]
- For starters, we are requesting 2 tables (Calendar, Notes)
Columns: (ID, Created By[Varchar], Creation Date[Date])
Columns: (ID, CalendarID, Note[Varchar], Created By[Varchar], Creation Date[Date]
- Model/View/Controller to add/update/delete a Calendar item
- Model/View/Controller to add/update/delete a Note item
- Use Dapper as ORM, and not Entity Framework (While EF is great, we have EF/Linq as a future learning exercise. For now, Dapper will be more hands on when it comes to writing queries.)
[As a future learning exercise, we plan on loading this app on a Server Environment like AWS or Azure and then implement API for data exchanges. For now, we'd like to play in a localized development.
I did create an app using a Visual Studio on MacBook, and followed various tutorials, but am running into configuration issues as soon as I try to connect it to the SQLite database.
Please let me know if you can assist.