Co-Founder: PT/FT Research/Outreach/Partnership Director (ANYwhere OK, PT OK)
>. IMPORTANT: Be sure to include in bullet points in your cover letter prior relevant accomplishments that might demonstrate your passion for saving the planet and/or democracy and/or social and economic justice etc, and your financial considerations.
WHO WE ARE:
[login to view URL] is an open source nonprofit and free to activists mobile-friendly app that is being created to answer what we and most organizers consider the mother of all organizing questions:
How can progressive campaigns by next year be able to recruit, commit, and support/reward massively larger numbers of volunteers willing to do much bigger impact tasks to save the planet and democracy before it's too late?
To see our answer and find out more,view our 3 part demo package at [login to view URL]
Our aim is nothing less than to revolutionize organizing because history shows that organizing is our only option to achieve the above goal.
We'll be creating a one-stop shop mobile-friendly app, with a unique integration of three functionalities. So we say WinWisely is "Behavioral economics, Kickstarter and peerbonding, meets movement organizing." We also think we’ve got a good idea for getting the 2-6M potential big task activists out there to come to us and register.
Negotiable. None are set in stone except duty #1, below. Flexibility is a must; you must be willing to wear at least 2 or 3 hats, since this is a startup. However, we can adjust this list based on your preferences and ideas.
1. (FIRST month or so:) Finding contact information for potential funders and members of our Board of Advisers, and making follow-up calls to our emails. You will not be expected to pitch. You will learn why fundraising is one of the highest spiritual paths, and also some tricks and tips, as well as discover some millionaires you are connected to you did not realize.
2. Help identify and then become a liaison between our team and campaigns (eg anti fossil fuel, medicare4All, TaxtheRich, reverse grotesque wealth inequality, cancel student debt, etc) eager to get our help, to beta test our tools. Help these campaigns with their questions and offering support. The goal is to maximize both our effectiveness in helping these campaigns and their satisfaction with our tools, which includes identifying bottlenecks and anything else that is reducing our ability to send the campaigns lots of committed volunteers
3. researching topics ranging from activist cause marketing to privacy/security tactics to behavioral economics tactics for reducing flake out and increasing peer-peer bonding
4. occasional face to face user testing or help finding user testers to do this interviewing
5. scheduling calls via zoom or google with campaign organizers, tech help, potential donors, marketing gurus etc and taking good notes on such meetings (Zoom records; so you need not be a super-fast typist)
6. if you like networking, attending conferences and events if in or close to your city to find us useful contacts
7. optional: until we bring on board a social media/marketing talent, updating our FB and twitter accounts
8. additional duties as they come up in response to needs of the beta test campaign organizers