Title of Position: Freelance Marketing Manager
Job type: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Location: George Washington School of Business
Application deadline: February 24, 2017
Start Date: ASAP
The Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC) is a global leader research center on financial literacy. GFLEC’s high quality research illustrates the extent of financial illiteracy and studies its consequences for the individual and for society. Housed within the School of Business at the George Washington University in Washington, D.C., the Center informs policy as well as develops and promotes financial literacy programs globally.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for devising and executing a strategic plan to maximize GFLEC’s brand and increase 10x GFLEC’s social media engagement and followers. He/She will also manage GFLEC’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and website accounts, preparing or editing the content for the website and social media outlets. The incumbent will send daily Google news alerts to the GFLEC team. He/She will also provide regular reports on the impact of our marketing and social media efforts. The Marketing Manager will supervise the work of a marketing assistant who will help with the day-to-day marketing operations.
• Formal training in marketing
• Demonstrated experience in marketing, writing a marketing plan, social media marketing, and website management
• English fluency / excellent
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Marketing
• Experience with non-profit marketing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Attention to detail
• Self-motivated and takes initiative
Application must include the following:
• Cover letter
• Send us a link to your blog and/or website and/or send us an example of relevant work you have done.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.