We are an event ticketing company and we need to send out press releases whenever we release some new updates to our service. We also would like to periodically post new blogs on our website regarding things that are happening in the industry, articles providing tips on how to do something better, etc. Our requirements are:
1) Be fluent in English and be able to write with proper grammar. Must also write in a style that doesn't sound foreign to US residents
2) Be a creative writer. We've worked with people in the past that simple took our bullet-point notes about what to write about and simply turn it into a paragraph. We cannot provide all the information for the blogs or press releases, otherwise we'd be writing them ourselves. We will however provide you all the information that is needed to write the articles, you may have to do a little reading and research on your own to be able to write a great article or press release.
3) Would be nice to work with someone who can use Skype. Rather than sitting down and writing a ton of notes to you on what to talk about and then try to make an article or press release, it would be better to discuss with you live about what we need to write about. If its about some new features or services with the website, we can show you through Skype.
4) Have a basic technical understanding. You do not need to be any sort of programmer or anything at all, but should have enough technical understand to be comfortable writing about a technology company.
5) Can provide samples of past work. Press releases and/or blog postings are preferred.
Please bid on an hourly rate. To do this long term, Id prefer to have an agreement on the cost for each article. They will all be about the same in length so if we can agree on a fixed rate, that would be perfect.