We are seeking a complete, high quality industrial design of a beverage vessel, up to manufacturing hand-over. We have filed a patent application but still wish to keep confidential our actual plans until launch time. Prior to us making the design brief available to the winning bidder, they will be required to enter with us into a standard Confidential Information and Intellectual Property Assignment Agreement, which applies to all the work on the subject beverage vessel.
For an approximate idea of the quality/complexity of product we aim to create, it will exceed for example [url removed, login to view] or anything in the thermos line of products, [url removed, login to view] (note: we are not associated with these companies in any way.)
Phase 1 - Product Design: Sketches, renderings, 3D models, detail design, pre-production support. Details are provided below, in the Product Design Project plan, including deliverables, associated compensation, and notes. This pertains only to Product Design, which will have to be completed first before proceeding to phase 2 (Package Design). Please check the project plan carefully before bidding. At each milestone we conduct a gate review, which is an assessment event where we assess risk against both internal and external criteria and make a decision to: a) proceed to the next task, b) request additional work on the current task, c) place the project on hold, or d) cancel the contract.
In the event of project hold or contract cancellation, we will pay the provider for the deliverables they made up to the gate review, as per the budgeted cost. If the contract is canceled, there shall be no further liability or obligation on the part of buyer. Otherwise, the total budget of $1,900 or the agreed bid amount is paid upon delivery of the Detail design deliverable.
Product Design Project Plan
1. Design brief: to be supplied by buyer to the provider within 2 days from contract award. The design brief already includes drawings that detail essential functional aspects of the subject vessel.
2. Sketches/design proposals (2-3 proposals): 4 days from contract award. Budget: $100. We strongly encourage earlier submission of sketches and will provide feedback within hours, so that approved sketches may be obtained by the deadline.
3. Refined concept design: 3D models (of 1-2 proposals), photo realistic renderings: 9 days from contract award. Budget: $600. As with sketches, we welcome earlier submission of models and renderings and will provide feedback within hours, so that approved models may be obtained by the deadline.
4. Detail design: Design drawings of the approved design (there will be 3 variants, mainly by adjusting the size of the vessel), virtual prototypes, parts with material, assembly specification, tolerances, finishes and color specifications, bills of materials; submit design to rapid prototyping company: 14 days from contract award. Budget: $1,200.
5. Pre-production: design changes, final design documentation. Target date not defined yet. Budget: rolled into Detail design.
Phase 2 - Package design for the above: Sketches, renderings, 3D models, material, color and finish specification, camera read artwork. We will supply our already made logo and related guidelines, and product name and other text. All other artwork must be generated by provider. Phase 2 may be contracted to a provider of phase 1, but we may also not contract with any provider for phase 2.
The Package Design contract would be awarded after successful completion of Phase 1.
1. The above mentioned artifacts for 2-3 creative concepts, 7 days from contract award.
2. Refinements for one of them as chosen by buyer, 10 days from contract award.