I currently live in Hong Kong and sell my products in both the USA and Hong Kong.
In Hong Kong I use a distributor to get my products in stores. The prices are 25% to over 50% higher in Hong Kong shops than what I sell them for online in the US. I decided at the beginning of the year (with the blessing of my distributor) to start selling online in Hong Kong. My site is in English.
I first looked at apps that would give buyers an option for currencies but I found that these all worked using the actual exchange rate. Since I don’t want to undercut my distributor this would not work for me. There were a couple of other ad-ons I could have used that would have overcome this but after thinking about it I decided the best option was just to have two websites.
Now I am rethinking this and I am hoping to find someone who has experience in this area to advise me. Following are my concerns:
1. Cost- originally setting up two sites was the less expensive option but as my business grows and I want to add apps like pop-ups, aps that send notices about abandoned shopping carts or requests for reviews, or if I want to upgrade my Shopify account, the cost of paying double for everything may outweigh the cost now of just two basic sites.
2. SEO- I have been told that having duplicate information on more than one site is a problem. It has also been suggested that there may be a work around for this. What are my options to avoid this problem?
3. Price setting- I’d like to be able to offer specials in one location but not the other, or different discounts and sale prices. Can I do this if I just have one site?
4. In the US shipping is free for orders over $29 and $4.95 for anything under that. In Hong Kong shipping is free for everything. Could I still offer this if I had one site?
5. Are there other issues I should think about?
11 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Over 9 years experience in web development. Designed over 1000 websites including travel portals, job portals, shopping carts, corporate websites etc. Experienced in Wordpress, Joomla, Magento, Opencart, Oscommerce