I require someone to install a ducting kit for a dryer. This job will involve:
- Core drilling through a brick wall for the duct, without damaging the tiled wall on the inside of the wall or damaging electrical cabling
- Connecting the ducting kit to the dryer, passing the duct through the hole and sealing the gap between the duct and the hole both on the inside wall and outside wall with SikaFlex
- Installing the covering vent on the outside of the wall by drilling holes in the external render, fitting hole plugs and screwing in the vent
I will supply:
- Dryer duct kit
- Vent cover and stainless steel screws
You must supply:
- Equipment and safety gear to work at heights
- Caulking gun
- Core drill with attachment for approximately 100 mm hole (bring a few different sizes)
- Regular drill, drill bits, wall plugs
- Extension power cable
- Stud/cable finder
- Anything else required to complete the job that I have not listed here
I have attached a photo of the external wall and the approximate location where you will need to install the covering vent (marked with a red X). The position is on the 3rd storey of the building.
There are a few requirements you must agree to before I will accept your bid for this job:
- You must start and complete all tasks required to fully install the ducting kit and vent shaft on the same day. You will NOT BE PAID if this job is not completed on the same day. I am not going to have a hole in my external wall and risk rain ingress
- All penetration work must be performed by drilling only. No jackhammering is allowed
- You must be fully insured for all relevant insurances to perform this job. Alternatively, you must sign a waiver
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Good luck and happy bidding!