Want to join an innovative engineering team building exciting cloud-based solutions for companies like Apple, Starbucks, and Ikea? We are seeking an experienced Spark/Cassandra Architect to provide technical leadership for our engineering teams in India as they design and build our cloud product line.
As an Architect, you will be responsible for establishing the technical vision and championing the architectural integrity, consistency, and long term design of analytics solution for our multi-tenant, SaaS product. You will work with other engineering leaders to actively foster high energy, highly productive engineering organization and culture.
You will assist senior management in charting the future product and technology strategy - considering both technical and business trends and factors. You will coordinate and drive the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and integration of new capabilities into the product line with the product teams, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs, while efficiently satisfying short term market requirements. You will proactively search out, take on, and efficiently drive resolution of the technical challenges the business faces.
Success in this role requires the ability to work effectively at multiple levels ranging from in the trenches with individual engineers, to at the whiteboard with designers and engineering managers and customer stakeholders. This means that you need to be comfortable and effective communicating in many different ways and advancing an agenda through personal credibility and influence.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Own the architecture for complete end to end solutions comprised of multiple components/products/services based on our embedded analytics solution using Spark and Cassandra.
• Keep current on new technologies and makes recommendations on future directions as appropriate. Educates and leads the engineering teams in design practices for cloud-based products.
• Identify and fill technical gaps and facilitate knowledge transfer throughout the organization.
• Collaborate with cross-functional groups in India and in other geographies to understand the business needs, educate them, and build solutions to address the needs.
• Willing to travel to North America for short durations as and when the need arises.
Must have a solid technical grasp of Spark and Cassandra
- Well versed with core Spark concepts.
- Proven track record designing highly parallelized data ingestion and transformation jobs in Spark including Spark Streaming.
- Proven experience in building Data processing applications which involves data manipulation, preparation, cleaning, etc. using a combination of Java and the Spark framework.
- Good working understanding of Spark SQL, DataFrames and Datasets
- Firm understanding of Java
- Well versed with core Cassandra concepts.
- Understanding of the Cassandra architecture.
- Good experience of working on Cassandra database and should have a deep understanding of the Cassandra architecture concepts, such as - Cluster Structure, Partitioner, Read/Write Path, Replication, Tunable Consistency, Read Repairs
- Experience in data modeling in Cassandra with focus on User Driven Data Modeling (UDDM).
- Experience in data life cycle management in Cassandra
- Knowledge of any other NoSQL or RDBMS database is a plus.