I need a developer to develop a site in Wordpress based on an existing, out-dated website, and transfer all content across from the old site.
To get an idea of the scope of project, please take a look at the existing site here:
[login to view URL]
I will provide a comprehensive design brief outlining the look and feel of the site, color scheme etc, along with a wireframe layout or PSD for the homepage.
I would prefer a contractor who has expertise in WooCommerce, but would be happy to consider using another eCommerce solution.
Preferred WP Theme DIVI or Enfold, and experience in using one of these themes would be an advantage - with DIVI being the first choice.
- Installation of child theme, and standard plugins for SEO, contact forms etc.
- Autoresponder integration and popup lead capture form.
- Structure will be based on existing site but there is room for better navigation etc.
- ON-PAGE SEO based on keyword research and client discussion.
- Setup of WooCommerce store
- Setup blog
- All graphics files will be provided or those from the existing site will be used.
- The online shop contains about 26 product categories with quite a large number of products.
- The ‘research’ and ‘Articles’ on the site are currently downloadable PDF’s. These will need to be converted to blog posts.
✓ Contractor must have excellent English language and communication skills as well as good grounding in graphic design.
✓ You will be a 'self-starter', and be able to offer suggestions, and work without having to be micro-managed.
✓ Preferred contractor will ideally be available to occasionally provide ongoing site maintenance on an ad-hoc basis
✓ A membership area may be integrated as another project in future, and I would ideally like to award this project to the same contractor, so expertise with setting up membership site is preferred.
1. Your estimation of time required to complete project based on the information provided above, allowing for a couple of rounds of revisions.
2. Links to some sample Wordpress sites you have built yourself. (If you were just a part of a team that built any sites you provide as examples, explain what your role was - e.g. project manager, designer, developer)
3. At least two referees I can contact, along with some testimonials.
4. Please comment on the existing Web site at [login to view URL] and offer suggestions for improving the site, and detail how you would approach this project, and why I should choose you for this project.
Please ensure you have read this thoroughly and answer the following question, where do polar bears live.