We are a small business that has developed a mobile application that will be used to replace paper based data entry within our industry. The application is currently functional and published on the app store, but requires a polished look before we share with clientele.
To express the complexity of the application, here is a simplified example of the application (note these are not the actual entities). The example is the capture of data relating to houses, rooms and cupboards.
A house is the core entity. We record header level information like:
- House name
- Builder company
etc. 7 data fields total
The next sub-entity is Rooms. A house can have multiple rooms. At the room level we record infomation like:
- Room type
etc. 9 data fields total
The next sub-entity is Cupboards. A room can have multiple cupboards. This is where we capture the majority of our data and in different forms. Up to 30 data fields.
Photos can be taken and attached at the house and room level.
You will be required to:
- Login to our application and familiarize yourself with the current layout and data structure (3 core entities, 8 related screens)
- Produce report containing:
1. Recommended theme based on the industry the app relates to and the demographic information we provide (colours, fonts, any resources we should be using (images to purchase etc.)). Example of each theme to be shown as a mockup as it relates to our application. Ideally you will provide multiple theme options and will further develop the selected theme over 2-3 revisions.
2. Recommended changes to improve overall look and usability. Each screen of the application will be a section within the report with its own recommendations and an associated photoshop (or similar) image showing the recommendations.
3. Usability recommendations to be provided, relating to where buttons are shown on the screen, how the user should most easily navigate between houses, settings etc.
All recommendations should consider implications on iOS/Anroid, mobile device and tablet.
Excellent communication skills will be required to produce the report and go back and forth on design revisions.
To win the project, please share examples of previous work. Bonus if you are credited by name on the work.
Please include timeframe to complete work.